Thursday, March 11, 2010

HAPPY DANCE!!!

I honestly thought today was going to be one of those days you wish you could start over. Boy was I ever wrong! As I've mentioned before, my husband was laid off. Well, he has been laid off for a year. Having trouble finding work, the company he was laid off from was giving him all sorts of "false hopes". It was months of getting the run a round. So, he thought he would call, letting them know, he needs to know what is going on..is he getting called back? If so, when? If not, then he would pick himself back up, dust himself off, and go on from there. Honestly, we were thinking that he would not be called back. It has been a year after all.
When he called, he actually got a person! That NEVER happened before. When I realized he was talking to a person, you could have knocked me over with a feather. Eventually, he turned to me, in shock asking me which shift he wanted. He is the one who has to work there. He needs to make that decision. He hung up the phone, says he starts back to work on Monday, but with a cut in pay. Words cannot express how happy we are right now!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! It sounds like things are really looking up!

    ReplyDelete