Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Me...Bragging!

I haven't been in here for a while. I have been extremely busey with my sons graduation, and everything that goes along with that. Where did the time go? In the blink of an eye, my beautiful baby boy became this amazing young man. I sat in the schools gym for Graduation Day, as my baby marched in wearing his cap and gown.
I thought of the days I use to rock him to sleep. Once he was asleep, I would just look at him in wonderment. What will he want to do with his life?
I thought of those Christmas' he would wake everyone because Santa came.
Even his first day camp experience. I went to pick him up from camp. The kids were playing a game of basketball. He was thrown, and caught the ball. Saw everyone on one end of the court, and decided to run the other way. When asked why he ran the other way, he just said "If I went the other way, the kids would get the ball away! I wanted to try to get a point!" I sure do miss the innocence of those times.
As much as I miss those times, I'm enjoying these days just as much. You see, he is an amazing young man! A person who believes in working for what you have. The proof is in the pudding. He received not one, not two, but THREE schollarships!! He received a metal for Tri M Honor Society! Even from up in the bleachers, I could see the pride he had in his accomplishments. As are his parents!!
On Saturday, we are celebrating his 19th birthday. A few short weeks after that, he starts college. A man working twards the goals he set for himself. This exciting new chapter, I have the privledge to watch. I get to be cheer him on, help him up when he falls, and of course, pat him on the back for a job well done. Life doesn't get any better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment