Saturday, April 3, 2010

A Sons Dream

We had to go to parent/teacher conferences Thursday evening. It was the very last parent/teacher conference. We were given yet another confirmation that he will be graduating in June. There were a few new teachers this time around. This school year is the first year for a couple of teachers. One of which told us she wouldn't be surprised to turn on her tv one night a couple years from now, and see our son as a new comedian..the next Jon Stewart, or even Bill Mahar. She had no idea that his dream is to be a comedy writer/comedian/actor. In fact, he worked as an unpaid extra over the summer in a movie. In the fall he will start college, majoring in Theater.
Those that know my son, may think this is quite the stretch. Even I have a hard time picturing this dream becoming reality. Then again, he is my son. Which means he has the strength of my moms side, and the stubborness of my dads side. Plus, he has the ability to dream big, while at the same time, being cautious, on my husbands side. So, making that dream a reality may not be that far fetched. Personally, I am routing for him.
We spend our weekends watching stand up comics from George Carlin to The Blue Collar Guys, and half hour sit coms...Two And A Half Men, Everybody Loves Raymond, Reba to name a few. He watches every show as if he is studying for a final exam. I usually spend most of the time watching him. He will mime and act along. He even watches the bonus features...listens to the naratives about certain episodes, and watches those episodes again. Trying to see whatever it was they were talking about, and how they made it work.
Come June my baby boy will graduate high school. As much as I am looking forward to his graduation, I miss the days of having that baby boy who use to love to fall asleep in my arms. Today, I am the proud parent of this amazing young man. A young man I have the priviled of being there as he makes his way in this next chapter in his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment